1.6
Interest Rate

Navy Federal will open account with generous credit limits but will lose your paperwork, lock your account, and then you will never here back from them. I opened a credit card and a savings account online.

It was fairly easy and I was given a generous credit limit on the card. After I received the e mail stating I was accepted I was told I needed to submit additional paperwork as the US government required proof of citizenship.I did this via certified mail and waited 2 weeks, while waiting I received the credit card and ATM card for the savings account in the mail. I went online to activate the cards and set up my account, I was promtly told to call customer service, which I did and was told that the account was on hold until they processed my proof of citizenship paperwork that had been received via certified mail on 2/5/18 and that it could take up to 15 business days. I was told to call back at the end of the next week.

I waited another 5 business days and called them back. I was put on hold for 20 minutes while the Customer Service Rep checked on the account, when they finally came back on the line I was told that they had never received the paperwork??? It was sent certified mail and I was previously told that the paperwork had been received and had gone to processing! At this point they told me to fax the paperwork and gave me there direct fax line for accounts and to wait an additional 5 days and call them back.

I faxed all the paperwork and received a fax confirmation that it had been received. I called to check and was told all was in order and the account should be cleared shortly. I waited another week and tried to log on online and again was told to call customer service, after being placed on hold again for over 20 minutes the Rep came back on and explained that the documents received where not clear enough as there fax machine was not working properly. REALLY????

No one called to inform me of this even though I was told that all was in order. At this point I had had enough and just told them to close both accounts. This took another 45 minutes being transferred back and forth.

My suggestion would be if you HAVE to open an account with them, GO INTO A BRANCH or don't bother!!! Better yet it might safer to NOT BOTHER!

Review about: Navy Federal Credit Union Savings Account.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments