I had been under contract on a home when I decided to switch to the FHA department. Initially, the process was smooth and my loan officer made the transition quite easily from me previously being in a different mortgage department with Navy.

Once I met my loan processor, it was a similar experience. It was smooth. She took the time to tell me which documents were needed and why. One week prior to closing, my loan officer had requested several more documents which I signed and returned to her within the hour.

4 days prior to my closing I followed up with her via voicemail and email (twice each) with no response. I did the same the next day (now 3 days prior to closing) with no response. I then proceeded to call the general mortgage department to see what was going on and if I would be closing on time. The mortgage department then decided to notify me that I was switched to a new loan processor only 3 days before my closing (when my final documents were supposed to be sent so that I could indeed close on time).

This is where the problem really started- after being told that I was switched to a new loan processor (with no email, no call to notify me), I couldn't get in touch with him until 2 days before my closing which obviously pushed back my initial closing date from Friday to a Monday. When I finally got ahold of him he told me that we were just waiting on an additional credit report to come through after a liability had been taken off my account (previous rent). It turns out the loan processor had known about the transition and was trying to get this last credit report to go through but never notified me. Here's the kicker: Equifax was trying to get in touch with my previous Property Manager with a number that was no longer in service. The loan processor had been notified this was going on but never decided to reach out to me to see if I could provide a different number for them to contact to get this process going. So, I took it upon myself to call and email him back (with no response with the correct number of the Property Manager to call). A day goes by and still no response from my Loan Processor. I actually reached out to my old Property Manager just to see if she was able to talk to Equifax so I at least knew that was completed- and she did. Thankfully.

Fast forward and he states he now has all the documents together and that my final closing paperwork was going to be sent to me, but it still hasn't and I am once again unable to get in touch with my loan processor or loan officer by either email, phone, or calling the general mortgage line. So helpful. Especially after being delayed for closing more than 3 times now due to minor things they have not completed on their end and have not found necessary to update me about.

Worst experience ever in a mortgage department. Especially for a first time home buyer and a Navy member who has never had problems with the company until now. Get it together, Navy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Navy Federal Credit Union Home Loan.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 16.

Comments