1.1K views

I have been a Navy Federal member sice i was in the service, as it was the only option of banking at the time. Recently Navy Federal has received a bank Levy Notice to my account, put the ammount on hold but will not release it for some reason.

Navy Federal has put my money on hold for a bank levy, charged me a fee of $100 dollars to put my own money on hold. AND NOW THEY ARE HOLDING THE MONEY AND WILL NOT RELEASE IT TO WHERE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! I CONTACTED THEM, SENT THEM A LETTER TO KINDLY REQUEST THE FUNDS TO BE RELASED. IN RETURN I GOT SOME LADY SCREEMING AT ME VERY LOUD SAYING THAT SHE HAS TO MUCH STUFF TO WORK ON. TOLD ME THAT SHE IS TO BUSSY TO SEND MY OWN MONEY!!! AND SAID TO CALL SOMEONE ELSE WHO CARES BECAUSE WHAT I AM ASKING FOR IS JUST TO MUCH.

NAVY FEDERAL HAS BEEN THE WORST WHAT THEY CALL THEMSELF A BANK, EXPERIENCE EVER.

THEY ALSO RECENTLY ALLOWED A $800 DOLLAR TRANSACTION TO POST TO MY ACCOUNT, AT A GAS STATION IN PHILLADELPHIA. MINUTES AFTER THE SAME CARD HAS BEEN USED IN CALIFORNIA. OBVIOUSELY IT WAS A FRAUDELENT TRANSACTION SINCE I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO PANSILVANIA AND AM UNABLE TO TRAVEL THERE WITHIN 30 MINUTES.

THEY WUOLD NOT LISTEN TO ME, JUST TOLD ME IT WILL BE FRADULENT AFTER IT POSTS AND UNTIL IT POSTS THERE IS JUST NOTHING WE CAN DO, U WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. I HATE HATE HATE THEM HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSSINES SOON!!! NOT SOON ENOUGH

Review about: Navy Federal Credit Union Account.

Had an Experience with Navy Federal Credit Union?

Comments

piet4
Sanford, Maine, United States #597428

Place a piece of property into foreclosure twice that was paid to date, again NOT IN DEFAULT..costing over $20k in fees to save is the first time.The second time, it caused an all out bankruptcy, after 22 years of membership.

They allowed creditors access to financial information, worsening to situation and prolonging our recovery..they have received payments & placed them into a "suspense" account rather than apply them, then reported our payments delinquent. They have held onto payments until they were delinquent. They failed to do the annual mort. Analysis for two mort.

Then increased the payments by over $750 in one yr., which is basically another loan payment.They refuse to refi. & although the Fed court has ordered our mort. Paid to date & current for the past 12 mos, the continue to report we are 30+days late.

Regardless of how many times (4) I report them to the NCUA, the finding is always in their favor because NFCU is allowed to police themselves.The only way to stop them is to hit them where it hurts.

piet4
Sanford, Maine, United States #597419

Anyone who is interested and has begun a Class Action suit against NFCU regarding their fraudulent lending practices, privacy violations , etc. PLEASE CONTACT ME.

I'm in.... I have five years worth of evidence that would nail these bastards, but it would hit 'em where it counts if we could go big with a class action.

PLEASE!!! :(

I too had a major run in with NFCU, after being a 27 year member. I won't bore you with details, but it was over Customer Service vs. "Debt Management". I will admit I was 3 days late on a payment, but told them during the entire 6 months previous, each and every month, what the current status was. This was the FIRST time I had ever been late.

On the first date of being late, Feb 15th, 2009, I received the worst phone call from a "collector." I explained everything again, and that I had contacted someone again on the 12th of Feb. She said she didn't care, that was customer service. I asked for a supervisor and was informed one wasn't working.

I finally gave up, and went to a branch the next day. Still nothing was resolved, and three days later I made the payment.

When I tried to still resolve the poor treatment by this one collector, I was not allowed to speak with a supervisor because my account had been paid off.

Finally, I sent a personal letter to Admiral Dawson's home, detailing everything over the last 4 months. Now I got some action.

Again, I understand this was my fault, and my problem, but there was no reason for the employees to be that rude, nasty, or deceitful.

Admiral Dawson resolved the matter very quickly, and I have been asked several times if I want to join again. Each time, No thank you. I'd rather deal with BofA.

to BeachedSquid #583087

What is his address? I would love to write him? Their HR dept is run by an ***.

to PM #583088

In Pensacola

A levy is mandated by a court or other government agency, most typically the IRS.NFCU, or indeed any other bank, must by law comply with the levy order.

NFCU didn't hold up your money - whatever agency or court you ran afoul of did, and NFCU did what it is mandated by law to do in such cases - seize the funds in question and forward them to the levying entity.

It sounds like you (like so many others on this forum) are blaming Navy Federal for the consequences of your own mistakes.

contact the CEO

Mr. Cutler Dawson

Phone: (703) 751-8030

cutler.dawson@comcast.net

Hey does the "B" stand for *** or ***?

This is a service man who fought for your freedom and all you can do is correct him or give him adive on bank levys? Your an *** and should be ashamed of your comment!

to No help at all #1174068

What a moronic post on your part 'no help at all'.It doesn't matter Dawson served.

This is a private banking matter. And Dawson is the person who oversees it. So anything you want to say about the way NFCU does business is fair game for Dawson. Not to mention the person complaining either served, too, or is related to someone who did.

Which doesn't matter.

But neither does Dawson's service.

They are not a Bank as the name says, "Navy Federal Credit Union", goofball. Maybe you should avoid bank levys,eh?